Recipe Watermelon Preserves (Side Dish)
Home Cooking Recipes
- 2 pounds watermelon
- 3 cups white sugar
- 3 lemons - rinsed, sliced and seeded
- Remove the green rind of the melon, and dice the white part into small cubes, leaving the red flesh mostly intact.
- Remove seeds.
- In a heavy stockpot, combine 4 cups of the prepared watermelon, sugar and lemons.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, and let the mixture boil slowly for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- The temperature of the mixture should be at 220 degrees F (105 degrees C) so the jam will set.
- Transfer the preserves to hot sterile jars, and seal.
- Check the seals after a few hours.
- Process any unsealed jars in a water bath.
- Refrigerate preserves after seal is broken.
Back to Recipes