Recipe Wedding Cake (Cake)
Home Cooking Recipes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups white sugar
- 7 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan or a 10 inch Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each.
- Then stir in the vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix until all of the flour is absorbed.
- Finally, stir in the sour cream.
- Mix for 1 or 2 minutes just to be sure there are no lumps.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of cake comes out clean.
- For Bundt cakes, allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack.
Back to Recipes