Recipe White Chocolate Cranberry Pear Pastry (Dessert)
Home Cooking Recipes
- 1 (17.25 ounce) package frozen puff pastry sheets (2 sheets)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 (6 ounce) package BAKER'S Premium White Baking Chocolate
- 2 (15 ounce) cans sliced pears, well drained
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Thaw pastry sheets at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix egg and water in small bowl.
- Unfold pastry sheets on lightly floured surface.
- Trim about 1 inch off each corner of each pastry sheet.
- Reserve trimmings to use as decorations, if desired.
- Place 1 pastry sheet on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Chop 4 squares of the white chocolate.
- Mix chopped white chocolate, pears and cranberries.
- Spread in center of pastry sheet on cookie sheet to within 1 inch of edges.
- Brush edges with water.
- Top with remaining pastry sheet.
- Press edges together with fork to seal.
- Decorate with reserved pastry trimmings.
- Brush with egg mixture.
- Cut several 2-inch slits, 2 inches apart, on top of pastry.
- Bake 35 minutes or until pastry is golden.
- Cool about 30 minutes on cookie sheet on wire rack before serving.
- Melt remaining 2 squares white chocolate.
- Drizzle over pastry.
- Cut into squares to serve.
Back to Recipes