Recipe Wild Rice Casserole (Vegetarian)
Home Cooking Recipes
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 celery, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cube vegetable bouillon
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Rinse the brown and wild rice; pour into a 2 quart casserole dish.
- To the rice add red bell pepper, green bell pepper, zucchini, carrot and celery.
- Stir in garlic powder, onion powder, vegetable bouillon and margarine.
- Mix well, pour water over mixture, and cover.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes; check at this point to see if more water needs to be added.
- Bake for 15 to 30 minutes more, or until rice is cooked.
- Stir well before serving and season with salt and pepper.
Back to Recipes