Recipe Wednesday Cookies (Cookie)
Home Cooking Recipes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pound confectioners' sugar
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Stir in the eggs and vanilla, then the sour cream.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda, stir into the creamed mixture.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Drop cookies by heaping teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Remove from baking sheets to cool on wire racks.
- Frost the flat side with icing when cool.
- To make the icing, combine the shortening, milk, egg whites, 1/4 cup of flour, vanilla and confectioners' sugar in a medium bowl.
- Mix on the high speed of an electric mixer until fluffy.
- The longer you mix, the fluffier it will be.
Back to Recipes