Recipe Wild Rice Zoop (Soup)
Home Cooking Recipes
- 1 cup wild rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pint half-and-half cream
- 1 cup canned mushrooms, drained
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of potato soup
- 1 (5 ounce) jar processed cheese spread
- 2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place wild rice and 3 cups broth or water in casserole dish.
- Bake, covered, for 1.
- 5-2 hours.
- Should make 3 cups cooked rice.
- Fry bacon until crisp.
- Drain off most of the grease and saute onion in remaining grease.
- Add half & half, mushrooms, potato soup, cooked wild rice, cheese, and 2 cups water.
- Heat thoroughly over low heat.
Back to Recipes